Georges Méliès was born in 1861 in France. He was a stage magician. In 1985 he attended the first screening of the Lumiere Cinematographe and after that he became interested in filmmaking.
In 1896 he directed his first film Une nuit terrible ("A Terrible Night"). His most famous film is Le voyage dans la lune ("A Trip to the Moon").
- - 1896: Une nuit terrible ("A Terrible Night")
- - 1900: L'Homme orchestre (“The One Man Band”)
- - 1902: Le Voyage de Gulliver à Lilliput et chez les géants (“Gulliver's Travels”)
- - 1902: Le voyage dans la lune ("A Trip to the Moon")
- - 1903: L'Auberge du bon repos (“The Inn Where No Man Rests)
- - 1904: - Les Cartes vivantes (“The Living Playing Cards”)
- - 1905: Le Diable noir (“The Black Devil”)
- - 1907: L'Éclipse du soleil en pleine lune (“The Eclipse: Courtship of the Sun and Moon”)
- - 1909: Le Mousquetaire de la reine (“The Queen's Musketeer”)
- - 1912: Cendrillon ou La pantoufle mystérieuse (“Cinderella or The Glass Slipper”
Les Cartes vivantes
Le voyage dans la lune
Le Diable noir